Sunday, June 13, 2010

My friends' lives and CVS trip

Life is happening all over the place lately.  I have been getting the feeling lately that I should be thinking about some friends and their life happenings.   I can only attribute it to my journey through Psalms, but it has been weighing on my heart.  I have a list of friends and family  that I pray for and then a list of things that pop up.  But lately the things that have been popping up all over the place.  Names will remain anonymous.  This may seem a little poetic rather than factual but it is just a few thoughts about some people that are somehow close to my heart.

I have been toiling through these ideas about my friends and family (and friends of friends and family).  The sadness and loss for one.  How broken and life altering events can happen and someone can handle it with grace, strength and positivity that in my wildest imagination I couldn't have.  A few are always wondering why things go up and down and why do things keep happening to them?  Perhaps a loss of spirituality?  Perhaps a loss of faith?  The feelings of depression mixed with the speed of life and things occurring at break neck speed without feeling like they are a part of it or their loved ones lives.  Another who feels unlovable.  Possible acting out with destructive behavior.  Not wanting to connect with people on a deeper level.  Has been hurt so bad and damaged so much and cannot seem to return to a life of true, honest love.  Who has the ability to love beyond a capacity for most but will not allow it to happen.  Another who's life is on the mend and because of endurance, strength, love and will, is actually getting somewhere,  Not giving in.  Not letting others make the rules.  Still others who are working so hard and putting everything they have into their true passions and reaping the joy of life's reciprocating response.  The emotions involved when you put your value and your worth on amazing things and on fruitless things.  Seeing life come to fruition and seeing it plateau and never change.  The phases my loved ones go in and out of.  The desire for change but the lack of desire to do anything about it.

I can turn all of that onto myself.  I can say I have experienced most of this.  I can also say I have not experienced some of it.  But regardless, I think about these people and what is going on for them with a heavy heart for some and a joyous heart for the others.  I don't know if any of that made sense but these nameless people above are real.  They have somehow affected my life and I am praying for them.  I am thinking and in some cases crying for them.  It has been a bit of an emotional week.



STILL NEED TO SHOP and SAVE!!!
However, my emotions cannot stop me from shopping with my couponing, frugal passion.  I went to CVS yesterday and bought 2 bottles of Windex, 2 Glade scented oil refills, Pantene shampoo and conditioner, John Freida shampoo and conditioner, a hallmark card, 2 Old Spice body washes, and 2 Gillette body washes.  I handed them a bunch of coupons and $4, they handed me my stuff and $3 in extra care bucks.  PLUS I will be getting $5 in the mail from SC Johnson for buying 3 of their products.  Now, this is an example of what I mean when I try to tell people that just because they eat organic or they can't find coupons for the foods they eat, this is something ALL of us use.  It is worth the 30 minutes. 

1 comment:

  1. I love CVS! I like the idea of rebates but my favorites are the few stores that offer instant rebate and they can take care of the mailing.
    Staples does that = )

    ReplyDelete