Continuing with Isaiah
10 ways to earn money at home
Our recent frugal efforts
Continuing with Isaiah
I mentioned in the last blog that Isaiah really hit home. The entire book was a succession from realization to change and growth and everything in between. You turn your eyes in the right direction and suddenly the path becomes clear. There is the realization that your dependence falls on God and your life will begin to take a shape, follow a path, and have a purpose. God then deals with you and your change. It is so much more comforting to know that God is dealing with me than it is to have no dealing whatsoever! The best part is that God is patient in allowing me to make mistakes. He is alright with the fact that I don't always get it right the first time. I am so UN-perfect and so unworthy of the patience he offers me, yet he does it with grace. Whenever I feel condemned, I know its not from Him! Jesus was regularly condemned and did not let it affect His purpose. No shame shall come to one whose found their power and might in God's eyes. That is His purpose. He is there to guide us through those times we feel so alone. I know in my future, when I feel powerless, down, even bored or sloppy and lazy, this is the book that will draw my eyes. It is full of inspiration, like a revival of the spirit, proving that God's house really does dwell within us. We shine outward even at our weakest with His light inside of us. That is pure refreshment.
10 ways to earn money from home
I have spoken of Dave Ramsey before, especially of recent as we won $3000 from him during his Christmas giveaway! It was very exciting. We have been working very hard at living a frugal life. Sometimes, ah, who am I kidding, most times, we decide staying in, cooking at home, and shopping at the thrift stores, or not getting our hair cut, carefully planning and shopping for groceries, doing without the expensive calling plans or internet on our phone...the list goes on, are our life's work right now. This $3000 enabled us to give a little more, save a little more, and even buy ourselves Christmas presents for the first time in 3 years!!! Along with Dave Ramsey's education came date nights involving budgets! Hmm, not so romantic, but we make it as fun as it can be. Also comes creative income earning. We have sold things on eBay that were doing nothing in some random closet, I have been writing articles online, and Christmas is when I sell the books I wrote a few years back. I have looked at multiple ways to earn income and have come up with a handful of great ideas and linked them up to some of the resources I have found.
10. Sell on EBay This can be as simple as getting rid of "stuff" to becoming a seller with your own store. You can use thrift stores for this or or hunt down treasure! Either way, there is a great profit to be made on eBay. You can also use Upillar which is like eBay only without the fees!
9. Have a bake sale or a small food business from your house. Has anyone ever told you how great those cookie bars are? Are you the one everyone turns to for a special appetizer? Maybe you can make some in your very own kitchen and sell them to local businesses or to locals at their parties!
8. Garage Sale Don't want to bother with online selling or shipping stuff? Sell it right out of your house and the get rid of it in the same day! Garage sales are a great way to not only make money but simplify your life.
7. Personal Trainer This one takes a person who enjoys fitness but can be done on a very flexible schedule!
6. Tutor/music lessons If you have been a certified teacher or are an expert musician, you can take students in and make a decent amount of extra income!
5. In home daycare A lot of homes are finding one income too difficult and are left having to put their children into daycare. As a parent, I know I feel better with an in home daycare. They are more personal. this is something you can do at home and with children!
4. Write online If you like to write and you have a topic you know a lot about, you can apply here and make a little extra cash! If you have always wanted to write a children's book or a novel and don't know where to send it, The Writer's Market gives you all you could possibly want to know about publishers, agents and more!
3. Coupons There is a lot to be said for "how" to coupon. It is money in your pocket. We have cut our grocery bill by about $100 a week. I'd say $400 a month is a decent income!
2. Your own B&B Have you ever dreamed of owning a bed and breakfast? It is a possible 7 day a week business but can be pretty lucrative and allow you to stay home to work! Some people have even begun renting rooms in their own homes as vacation rooms to Europeans visitors! Something to consider if you have spare rooms in your home and live in a tourist destination.
1. Make and sell If you have a skill like quilting, painting, crocheting, sewing or anything of the like, you should consider selling your items in local boutique stores, at flea markets, or craft fairs.
I love the idea of creative income. It takes matters into our own hands. I am slowly making my way around this list. But any income is good income. Post a comment with any ideas you may have right here, on Facebook, or drop me an email! I love hearing new was to make money! I will be sure to share them!