Saturday, May 22, 2010

Study of Psalms and some summer fun for free....

My study
Free summer fun

My study

I discovered this website when deciding to study Pslams a little more in depth.  I must say, I could probably spend the whole year studying this book.  But I have decided that I am going to keep pressing forward without pausing too long just yet.  After I complete reading through the bible cover to cover, i am going to read it again, though in a different order.  The seeds are sprinkling right now and by the next time through, they will have begun to take a small root. 

I think most people turn to Psalms when they are in need of prayer.  Pslams covers praising God, affirming his that Christ is the Messiah, and there is a Psalm for every human emotion.  I recently discovered through a study we are doing called Celebration of Discipline, about HOW to meditate.  I guess I really never understood what it was.  One of the suggested methods was to meditate on a specific scripture.  The first thing that popped into my mind was Psalms.  So in studying, I realized what a great way to study it, by finding the emotions that suit you at the time and meditate on it.  I love the concept.  No, that is not the only way to meditate of course, but a method that I love.

Therefore the book of Psalms can be used as a hymnal, prayer book, to strengthen your faith in Christ, and a guide to teach us how to live more Christ-like.

Free summer fun

I have been on a quest to find some things for the summer that will enable us to have A LOT of fun without breaking the budget!  I was reading a blog and came across this.  Looks like fun!!  I am an out and about kind of person but I run out of ideas and also I am impatient so when it comes to planning things like this, I fall very, very short!  I don't want to reinvent the wheel, so thankfully people plan these things and put them out there for people like me!!  You may also be interested in free bowling  and more free bowling.  These are two different places so click on both.  Check out Money Saving Mom too with her gigantor list!


Keep posting your summer ideas!  You can comment here, on facebook, or email me at christinasawyer@rocketmail.com.  Be ready!!  Summer is here!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment