Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Progress

I have been working lately on the bargain shopping thing. One of my goals as a stay at home mom has been to save as much as I can in order to "make" money in some way. The last 2 shopping trips I made, I walked out of the stores and truly felt as if I was making progress. Here is a "for instance". I went to Target after doing some great research on this week's deals at different stores. I walked out of the store with 28.45 worth of food and used 9.50 in coupons!! Considering that Publix sells the same box of Cheerios for almost $5, I'd say I came out pretty ahead of the game! I even bought allergy medicine! I am starting to get the hang of it! The key is using the coupon while the item is already on sale! LOL! Fun!

In other progress, I am taking some more baby steps in home school! A permanent schedule is not yet on the horizon but I am testing the waters. I am understanding more of Madison's learning styles. We are working our way up to more days of school per week. I will home school her part-time all summer even though she isn't officially in Kindergarten yet. I plan to take a lot of November and December off. Holidays and all:)

I am also progressing in the realm of writing. I have found it difficult to read, study, and write with small children who seem to need a constant stream of attention. If it isn't one, its the other. Then there are the days that I babysit all day and I can't manage to fit in time to eat. My baby breastfeeding, the other baby bottle feeding all while preparing a snack for the eldest! Yeah! I am that good!! Well, it feels like I do that sometimes. Does that count? All that aside, I have a new goal, which in itself, shows my progress. I will blog everyday for at least 15 minutes. I will read everyday for at least 15 minutes. Something. Anything. Even a magazine. It is all in the name of progress, my friends...

Have you ever felt like some days you were on the right track and there was no stopping your growth and then others, you hit the mirror in the fun house and the joke is on you?? I am truly hoping to eliminate those days. For now, I feel pretty good.

3 comments:

  1. this sounds a lot like how my mom shops. well done! she's been doing this for years and truely saves a lot :) i'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is inspiring Christina! Glad you are writing, reading & doing your arithmetic (coupons & money saving:) You've always been very disciplined, maybe I can pick some up by reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Brandee!! Sometimes I feel like I may be taking on a bit much but I figure, it will all settle in time and how much damage could I REALLY do??! :)

    ReplyDelete