Monday, June 15, 2009

Quality vs Quantity

Well, we had an incredible weekend. We went bounce housing and did finally manage to get a pizza worth its value! We spent some very quality time with the girls and in large doses. It is a common saying, Quality vs Quantity, but who says you have to sacrifice one or the other? And who says how much is enough or not enough? While gardening, does that mean we aren't spending time with the kids? No! We include them in it. Even Mackenzie!

Today, I am working on my next few weeks of home school activities. I am planning the half and half curriculum!! This is the Sawyer philosophy of a very open ended style and half structured. This was very similar to my baby raising style. I did half attachment parenting and half not! Seems like an un-method, doesn't it? But it is MY method and it works well for me. I was reading a blog recently that spoke of the Waldorf philosophy which is partly, and I mean very partly, a style that interests me. I do implement this style without even knowing it. I feel Madison is a bit of a free spirit, yet she enjoys some structure as well, so I will study some more on this philosophy.

Mike and I started a bible study on Revelations. This is, in part, because of the Left Behind series of books, which I have read most of and Mike has begun and is currently on book 3. It has been interesting to place the events of this book on a map, which we have an enormous historical depiction of the bible. We are taking a while to do this as we research the individuals and places that we are unfamiliar with. It is like a history lesson for us as well!

All in all, we have been getting so much accomplished for our lives and our futures...so you be the judge. Quality or Quantity? Which is more important and do you really need to sacrifice one or the other?


No comments:

Post a Comment